Thursday, 8 October 2020

My Favourite Film

The movie I chose was ‘Mumma Mia’, this movie was my childhood go to and still is to this day this movie holds a lot of memories for me as I go sailing in Greece every year and there's never an evening without this movie playing In the background. Last year when me and my friends were in Greece, we went to see the movie in an open roof theater, and it was one of the best nights of my life without doubt we had so much fun and it’s a night I will never forget. The movie was released on July 18th 2008, Mumma Mia 2 has since been released however I believe the first movie is better in my opinion even though I really liked the second movie I don’t think anything can beat the original. ‘Mumma Mia’ was produced by universal studios and it was filmed Skópelos Greece, however Meryl Streep recorded ‘winner takes it all’ in Stockholm Sweden and finished it in one take, Benny Andersson a former ABBA member called Meryl “a miracle’. I felt the movie had quite a few main characters all with very strong and individual personalities the main cast included; Amanda Seyfried (Sophie), Meryl Streep (Donna), Stellan Skarsgard (Bill), Pierce Brosnan (Sam), Colin Firth (Harry), Julie Walters (Rosie), Christine Baranski (Tanya). Another reason why I love Mumma Mia is the music, I really like ABBA and some of my favorite songs from the movie are ‘our last summer’ ‘slipping through my fingers’ and ‘Thank you for the music’. My favorite scene in the movie must be when Donna is helping Sophie ready for her wedding it reminds me a lot of the relationship I have with my mum, the song always makes me tear up. My favorite character is Sophie as I feel as I relate to her character the most I really enjoy watching her character develop throughout the movie. This movie is also my dream I really want to travel and explore as much of Greece as I can it's my favorite country and there is so much more I want to see. The movie was directed by Phyllida Lloyd, she is most known for ‘Mumma Mia’ and ‘The Iron Lady’ she had also directed ‘Gloriana’ (2000) and ‘Herself’ (2020). ‘Mumma Mia’ became the highest grossing movie ever in the UK over taking the previous record set by the ‘Titanic’ (1997), ‘Avatar’ (2009) has now beaten the record. In conclusion I will always love this movie and all the memories that come along with it, it never fails to make me laugh and cry I cant fault it.








No comments:

Post a Comment

My Final Opening Scequence

 My Final Opening Sequence: